Due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), our facility is taking extra precautionary measures and may have temporary policies and procedures in place. We are closely following the situation and must respond as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) outline and allow.
Please, keep in mind this is an ever-evolving situation, and we are working hard to keep you up-to-date with what our facility is doing in light of it all.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. For those of you with loved ones and friends residing in our community, we are forever thankful to you for trusting us to care for your loved ones.
Current Updates and Information
Wednesday, May 19: Resident Out of Building COVID Policy
A resident may be permitted to be signed out of the facility for short outings if the following requirements have been met:
- The resident is fully vaccinated per CDC definition (14 days after the second dose of a two-part vaccine or 14 days after the Johnson and Johnson vaccine).
- The facility vaccination percentage is above 70%.
- The county positivity rate is in the low to medium category per numbers posted by CMS. County positivity rate is currently 4.9% (low)
- Any resident who is not fully vaccinated may be permitted to be signed out if the county positivity rate is in the low category per numbers posted by CMS.
- Leave of absences will cease temporarily if it is determined that the county positivity rate is in the high category or if the facility experiences an active case of COVID.
- The county positivity rate will be updated weekly on the facility’s website.
- If the vaccination percentage falls below 70%, the facility will notify everyone with a One Call.
Education on Covid Infection Prevention while outside facility
When leaving the building we ask that you follow the Core principles of Covid 19 infection prevention which includes:
- As you return to the facility everyone must be screened upon entering the building
- Please perform proper hand hygiene while out of facility. Alcohol base hand sanitizer is recommended.
- Face masks will be provided as you leave the facility. We request that you wear the mask at all times.
- Please maintain Social distancing when possible.
You may also be asked to sign something asking if you understand and acknowledge the core principles of reducing risk of COVID exposure.
Thank you in advance for you understanding and patience. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Monday, April 26: Guidance for Pet Visitors
From Administrator Roger Mynatt:
Jefferson Park is now open to visits from pets. There are specific rules for these kinds of visits. Primarily, animals must be up-to-date on all shots, dogs must be maintained on a leash at all times, and no animals may be brought into a dining room. If you have any questions beyond this, please contact our Activities Department.
Thursday, March 11: Guidance for Visitors at Jefferson Park per CMS
- Unvaccinated residents, if the COVID-19 county positivity rate is greater than 10% and less than 70% of residents in the facility are fully vaccinated;
- Residents with confirmed COVID-19 infection, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met the criteria to discontinue transmission-based precautions; or
- Residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met criteria for release from quarantine. (new admissions and hospital readmissions for a 14-day period)
- Overall visitation hours are 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Visits must adhere to the core principles of infection control for Covid-19 including wearing a face mask, maintaining social distancing, etc.
- Screening will include filling out a questionnaire.
- Please visit only your loved one and not other residents or staff.
- If you plan to visit your loved one with a group of 4 or more we would ask that you schedule this in advance so that an appropriate space can be provided that allows social distancing for everyone.